Arbunize is founded on the principle of helping people build and manage their identities. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Arbunize website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Information Collected by Arbunize
We only collect publically available personal information that is relevant to the purpose of setting your profile on our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from you:
We collect information to make Arbunize website easier for you to customize and launch your page.
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: Our application is currently built on Linked In public APIs. We gather publically available data through the OAuth and use the data to maintain your account. In order for you to use Arbunize services you must register with your data. You may re-sync the data or clear our database easily by using the re-sync option in your profile.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during login, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Arbunize and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Arbunize cookie information, and the page you requested. Arbunize uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Arbunize may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Arbunize will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better.
Arbunize is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Arbunize may send out e-mails with Arbunize-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Arbunize, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests, peer reviews, job notifications) that have been performed on the site. Please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Arbunize cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
Sharing Your Information
Because Arbunize enables people to discover and share profiles with one another, information about the people who use Arbunize is an integral part of the Arbunize experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information as described below.
- Arbunize Personnel: Arbunize personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Arbunize business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Arbunize, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Arbunize users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Arbunize where we allow you to tell other Arbunize users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers' Activity: Much like other online social networks, Arbunize allows non-followers to browse your followers activity.
- Syndication: Arbunize allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Arbunize website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your Arbunize account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing out of the account, and closing your browser window once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure, you must also keep it safe. Our employees do not access your account unless required to do so for good reason.
Ways to Control Display and Use Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Arbunize users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
Arbunize collects and stores your anonymous data using Google Analytics and improves its services. Analytics is one of the major offerings that is integrated in our service for tracking your user profile and your job campaigning. This information is shared with you to give you a control over your resume.
To opt out of sending GA data click here.
We do analytics and we provide the same as a service to you.